This is a Full Width Page
The Scout Association takes the issue of privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy online. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with www.scouts.org.uk, we ask for your name, email address and postcode. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association eg Scout Shops Ltd. Donating to The Scout Association – We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties with regard to any donation you make to The Scout Association.
www.scouts.org.uk may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation. We may use, and provide to third parties, your contact details if you have given us permission to do so.
5. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
6. Further information
www.scouts.org.uk will as part of it’s normal operation send out to information emails. Members can decide to ask for these emails as they register.
7. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the www.scouts.org.uk service when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the www.scouts.org.uk Service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the www.scouts.org.uk service
- to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.